Biogas, the extension of the incentives introduces news for the next call expected by March 31st

One of the innovations introduced in the 2019 Budget Law is the extension of the incentives provided for electricity obtained from renewable sources other than photovoltaic , as provided by the Ministerial Decree of 23 June 2016.

The extension will remain valid until the reorganization of the matter, within the limit of an average annual cost of 25 million euros and is granted exclusively for electrical power plants not exceeding 300 kW , built by agricultural entrepreneurs as part of their business (also in consortium form), fed at least 80% by zootechnical waste and the remaining 20% ​​by second harvest crops.

The incentive rates and procedures remain the same as those set out in the aforementioned Ministerial Decree and access to the incentives is subject to total self-consumption of the thermal energy produced, self-consumption which must take place within the business processes of the agricultural / livestock business.

L ‘ access to the incentives may be made through the established by the Decree envisaged mode (direct access for small plants and entry to the registers for medium-sized installations) with a first call that will be published by March 31, 2019 .

Lastly, the provision indicates the priority criteria – in hierarchical order up to the achievement of the power quota made available – that will be applied for the plants registered in the register or:
– plants that will be built in whole or in part in areas classified as vulnerable from nitrates;
– plants that require a tariff equal to 90% of the expected one;
– prior to the final date of completion of the application.